New Forum Section for Home Built ROVs

Eternal Angler

Administrator
It must of slipped my mind not including home builds of ROVs on this forum and I apologize, considering there's a new member here Oddmar who recently shared his design. I think it's a huge drawback separating all the different underwater drones in support groups on Facebook, I think it would be even a bigger drawback separating the homebuilt ROV community from the pre-built ROV community like the Gladius Mini, Geneinno T1, and Fifish V6.

I think there's a lot we can learn a lot from one another... And I'm sure the companies designing these pre-built underwater drones would love advice and tips from some of the hobbyists designing their own underwater drones.

I think this forum section may be a little small considering all the different forum categories on homebuiltrovs.com. Maybe I'll think about adding in some sub-categories down the line, but for now, just keep it as is and go from there.

Last edited:

Eternal Angler

Administrator
And what better way to keep the ROV name alive on this forum... I know a lot of hardcore hobbyists still prefer the acronym ROV and think it's the proper terminology... However, it seems for the pre-built ROVs, "underwater drone" seems to be the common terminology the companies are using in modern day, easier for the kids, and just flows better. It was a hard decision when I decided to pick the domain out, but I decided to go with something simpler.

Out of the old and into the new, lol, but still showing homage to sites like http://www.homebuiltrovs.com

Last edited: