VERY BAD EXPERIENCE

NICK PALUMBO

VERY BAD EXPERIENCE

AOh14GijRWOCryUf9n9hMZ2Wx61Q2N5z6PhgRI1P1lZQ9cI=s40

NICK PALUMBO <nixpixmusic027@gmail.com>
10:44 PM (12 minutes ago)
to lori

I first charged all batteries till green light came on..
and remote. i bring it to the water. not to deep for starters.

i connected the bluetooth. HANDJOY APP.
Then activated the wi-fi GLADIUS APP.
So it's in the water and it started working, but the motors were sputtering. it wouldn't dive.and i was waiting and waiting for it to stabilize before activating anything. the camera was working. but the orange light never stopped blinking and it just was going off the hook, never dove.
i cleaned it up, took it home to the bathtub.
everything the same,except, finally the light stoped blinking and the lights came on for a second. warning came up on the phone.
CANNOT FIND MEDIA, NEED REPAIR.
I SHUT IT OFF.
DIDN'T WANT IT TO BURN UP.
I don't know what to do next.
I had SACRAMENTO CITY OFFICIALS THERE , Showing them how i was going to clean up the rivers over here.
and. doesn't look like they'll approve my grant now.
very embarrassing.
i'm so sad.
almost suicidal.
nothing is going right for me.
and this was going to be my chance to shine..
what do i do..

Eternal Angler

Administrator
Sorry to hear that experience Nick, is this for the Gladius Advanced? http://underwaterdroneforum.com/media/albums/gladius-advanced-problem.2/

Or you do actually have the Chasing M2...? I assume the M2, since you're referencing cleaning up the Rivers.

If you do find the files and they're corrupted, I do use this Repair It Wondershare App to fix mp4 files, because sometimes I forget to hit the shutter button on my iPad before disconnecting and turning of the M2.

I know everyone's having some problems with the M2 and some of the other underwater drones like the Fifish V6s sometimes and it's just aggravating when you invest a lot of money into a expensive drone like this, but it doesn't work right.

I haven't had really any serious problems with the M2 yet, but sometimes(once in blue moon) I will lose a signal or something, so I turn everything off and start from the get go again.

I can't remember if I ever had that sputtering problem you're talking about, does sounds like somethings seriously malfunctioning. I think once or twice though, had problem with M2 diving, so I shut it down drone and the app, restarted it up, and worked like brand new.

chasing-m2-underwater-drone.jpg
You may want to try wiggling the connection point(tether) on top of the M2 when it's connected and on, does it lose a signal at all? My connection point is a bit weak even if I screw it on tight, if I touch it there with too much muscle, kind of press against it, loses a signal. I'll eventually have to fix this I suspect, but it's not a major problem for me when driving it.

I had SACRAMENTO CITY OFFICIALS THERE , Showing them how i was going to clean up the rivers over here.
and. doesn't look like they'll approve my grant now.
very embarrassing.
i'm so sad.
almost suicidal.
nothing is going right for me.
and this was going to be my chance to shine..
what do i do..

I made post about using some of the Chasing underwater drones for commercial purposes, I'm still very iffy about it, while I think it the M2 probably be ok for Aquaculture Inspection and Hull & Dock Inspection, but for more firefighting, police and industrial application like oil rigs dealing with harsh things like debris and chemicals in the water, I think the Fifish W6 is more suited for or the Shark Marine ROV.

Yours sounds like more for Aquaculture Inspection/Scientific Exploration, so I think it would hold up pretty good long term, but not sure since you're planing on cleaning up rivers. I mean only way to find out is just try it... That being sacramenento, more inland, I'm suspect you're just dealing with freshwater or brackish water, should be fine. But saltwater longterm with the M2? After I learned from a very experienced Gladius Mini owner that after 300 dives, a lot of his electronics started to failing, I may never take my M2 in saltwater. I went down saltwater surf fishing in naples and marco island florida, I couldn't believe how corrosive saltwater is to fishing reels, I had to rinse my Daiwa BG4000 off after every outing and even oil it up every 4-5 fishing epedition to keep it from locking up.

Last edited: