Taking a look at the Internals of the V6!

Seabot

So I took the screws holding the chassis apart to satisfy my curiosity. The whole ROV is actually a huge block of heavy duty aluminium so it should be pretty study. The cables are thick and well routed, indicating high build quality. What I am intending to do is to add an "accessory port" to the Fifish V6 to add a robotic grabbing arm to it. I have seen that in a YouTube video but the poster did not share any information on how to do this. I have noticed that there are mainly 10 cables coming out of the main internal body.

2x Lights
6x Rotors
1x Tail Handle (What is inside? I will take it apart soon.)
1x Tether connection

There are 2x five output waterproof connectors and 1 main tether output. There's only 10 connection outputs so there leaves ONE spare connection which is currently filled with some sort of a cap. I am hoping that it can be utilised to add the utility port that is seen in the custom YouTube video and the upcoming V6S(V6+ whatever).

Anyone have things to share? Cheers!

IMG_9125.jpeg

IMG_9126.jpeg

IMG_9127.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9125.jpeg
    IMG_9125.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 828

Eternal Angler

Administrator
Awesome, I took apart my Titan and it looked similar to that, wish I saved the photos can't seem to find them on the hard drive at the moment. Was first a bit overwhelmed at first, but after taking my time and analyzing what goes where, didn't seem so bad.

There's a YouTuber by the name of Kenneth Hermann Aase that basically accomplished what you're set out to do, sadly he never got around to showing off the gripper underwater. But if you run into a snag, definitely message on YouTube... Looks like he ended up using the Blue Robotics Gripper.

And you could always try pming ODDMAR, this dude seems to really know what he's doing since he builds his own ROVs, I wish I was that tech savy, lol.

Keep us updated on the progress, make for a very cool post!

Seabot

Awesome, I took apart my Titan and it looked similar to that, wish I saved the photos can't seem to find them on the hard drive at the moment. Was first a bit overwhelmed at first, but after taking my time and analyzing what goes where, didn't seem so bad.

There's a YouTuber by the name of Kenneth Hermann Aase that basically accomplished what you're set out to do, sadly he never got around to showing off the gripper underwater. But if you run into a snag, definitely message on YouTube... Looks like he ended up using the Blue Robotics Gripper.

And you could always try pming ODDMAR, this dude seems to really know what he's doing since he builds his own ROVs, I wish I was that tech savy, lol.

Keep us updated on the progress, make for a very cool post!

Yes this is the video I was referring to! I really hope he can give us some tips on how to get this done. He hijacked the lighting control toggle to activate the gripper. I believe the toggle button outputs two voltages to the LED for the two levels or brightness. So we can use that for two gripping positions. But then you would lose the lighting controls which is not a perfect idea. I believe QYSEA have an output reserved for the arm operation we see on the V6S.

I will dig out more info before taking the waterproof metal body apart!

DarknessFalls

I’ve been researching this as well. So your thinking is that the wiring for the arm is already there but was sealed since it wasn’t utilized? I wonder how hard it would be to get a wiring schematic for the v6. My initial idea was to create an inline pigtail connector and utilize one of the connections there. Again, that would require testing each connection or finding a wiring diagram.

Seabot

That was just my Speculation. The good news is we have an export port for an extra cable (while keeping things sealed). The bad news is we do not know if this function can be added to the V6, either via an official add on or by doing a mod. We will not be able to find out until we need the new V6+/V6S come out to see how the arm going to operate. Or we can crack open a V6 to see what’s inside the sealed metal frame.