Robosea Biki Bankrupt?

Eternal Angler

Administrator
So I was about to add Robosea to the list of underwater drones on the forum, so I head over to their site RoboSea.org to see what's the latest news with this company and I see the entire site is down and says this 我们正在努力建设中,感谢您的到访!Basically translates to "we are working hard to build, thank you for visiting. I sure hope this isn't another underwater ROV company that has gone out of business?

The reviews that I've seen of the Robosea Biki aren't good and I've been seeing a lot of these underwater drones popping up on eBay lately, just like what happened with the Fathom One. I thought the design was set to fail from the get go, a waving tale in back that shakes the entire drone while trying to record 4k hd video footage? I suspect even with the camera on a gimbal you're still going to get some sort of vibration recording video. And don't you think this fish shaped design could entice an apex predator into biting it, whether fresh or salt? I know a musky wouldn't mind taking a swipe at this thing, considering what size musky baits we use on Lake St. Clair. These ROVs have been on the market for a good year now and so far I've seen like only 2 videos of actual footage on YouTube??? So I'd say not a good sign!

Makes me now think if I took a huge risk purchasing the Geneinno T1, really isn't a whole lot of footage of this drone either, however what influenced me is Dustin Dunnill's recent video of picking up objects at the bottom of the pool. Some more positive reviews are starting to pop up on Amazon, as well as other drone sites. But just like the Biki that has 15 members on it's Facebook Group, there's only like 19 members on the Geneinno T1 owner.

I still got a lot of faith in Geneinno, however many countries, including the US are teetering on a recession, a lot of people know it. If the shit his the fan, not going to be good for a lot of these new drone companies. I for one wanted to invest into a company that shows me some innovation, Geneinno is one of those companies that already offers add-ons like a robotic claw and microphone with their unique extendable interface down below.

I hate to throw a company under the bus just for their website being down, maybe they're really are just in the midst of redesigning their website and have more things in the works. I know this wasn't just a company that made drones, they also sold an underwater propulsion scooter, which Geneinno also sells. Seems to be common to see underwater ROV companies sell both these two electronics...

Anyways, I just hope my forum can maybe give a boost in sales to some of these underwater drone companies, bring more popularity and recognition. There really isn't many forums on underwater ROVs either, I saw a couple on actually building ROVs, ROVWorld.com and HomeBuiltROVS.com and also found OpenRov.com. There isn't much discussion on any of the popular drones on the market like the Gladius Mino or QYSEA Fifish V6.

We are still seem to be very much in the infant stage with underwater ROVs, however, the amount of drone companies have tremendously popped up just in this past year, I'm still adding companies to the forum list and I'm already at 10. Quite an exciting time, but I'm sure Fathom One won't be the last underwater drone company to go out of business, so be make sure you do enough research and think deeply before making a purchase.

And remind you, some of these new drone companies are still on their first generation underwater ROV, while more experienced companies like Chasing Innovations and QYSEA are only their 2nd gen drones. I think there needs to be an understanding and empathy that some of these drones aren't going to be perfect out of the box, hopefully by reporting the defects and problems on this forum, as well as the facebook groups, we all can help improve this technology while building the community at the same time.

Anyways, make sure to keep this thread updated if you hear anything new about Robosea, this is their Facebook page.