Returning my Fifish

bratan

Nothing against the drone itself (other than app compatibility with latest iOS), it's just not for me. When I got it I didn't realize that you really need 2 people to launch and you really need a boat. I've drove to few spots where I thought I could launch it but I just couldn't. This thing is also huge and heavy, so after carrying it around in a suite case I realized I won't able to travel with it to Caribbeans like I imagined. That's fine tho, I'm ordering powerdolphin instead. While it can't really dive, it's best water drone on the market right now...

Eternal Angler

Administrator
I hear what you're talking about, but I have the Chasing M2 and launch by myself all the time. Sometimes the giant case they put these drones in is too much to haul around, lately I've been using just my Bass Pro Shops Advanced Anglers II Magnum tackle bag like I told you, just seems easier.

What helps a lot, is having a pair of fishing waders, if you look when I launch from the shoreline, it makes it a lot easier to just launch in the water, you can see me launch in both of the intros of these videos.

I really wish these companies would give new underwater drone owners some tips on launching, I too was a bit overwhelmed at first as well too.

When I first started using the Geneinno T1, I realized I needed to turn the brightness all the way up on my Ipad Tablet in order to see, then having a sun visor or some sort of blanket to flip over your head to block out the sun when you navigate... That's of course if you don't have the Fifish VR headset.

I also bought a hobie kayak, not only to fish from on inland lakes when I'm not using my Crestliner Hawk on big water like St. Clair, but also launch the drone from.

Last edited:

Eternal Angler

Administrator
Powerdolphin? Worth a try, but I think you'd get bored just navigating around the surface just like a standard rc boat, it does have a neat camera on it where you can scan underwater and above, but I'd rather get the Gladius Mini for the same price if I were you. I'm surprised you didn't like the Fifish, it really has the most comfortable handle on any type of underwater drone to carry it around by the looks of it...

If you do get the Powerdolphin, that'll be pretty cool, I think you'll be the first owner on the forum, be sure to post some of your videos and give a review

bratan

Thanks! It's not that I didn't like Fifish, it's amazing drone from what I can tell, it's just my lack of access to water and also I guess size and weight of the drone which makes it pretty impossible for air travel... Already received PowerDolophin! Still didn't take it to the water, will do it in a few days :) It's much more manageable, not too heavy not to bulky. Even comes with it's own soft carry bag! I'm currently looking to make a hard case for it. I will keep you guys posted how it handles and my thoughts about it.

Eternal Angler

Administrator
Yeah still not sure how I'm going to get my Chasing M2 down to florida, I guess I could ship it down there in advance, but then again, risk losing a $2700 drone, even if I put insurance on it, is it worth risk losing and the extra pay of insurance and all that. Dunno, I may just stick to filming in Michigan.

That's awesome, I hope to maybe see you post a video on youtube or maybe a few photos on the forum. I love the fact you can hook up the PowerSeeker and use it as radar for finding fish, that sounds pretty neat.

YoucanPhil

Thanks! It's not that I didn't like Fifish, it's amazing drone from what I can tell, it's just my lack of access to water and also I guess size and weight of the drone which makes it pretty impossible for air travel... Already received PowerDolophin! Still didn't take it to the water, will do it in a few days :) It's much more manageable, not too heavy not to bulky. Even comes with it's own soft carry bag! I'm currently looking to make a hard case for it. I will keep you guys posted how it handles and my thoughts about it.
There's a reason why nobody owns a powerdolphin bud.

bratan

Yeah I totally regret getting Powerdolphin, and will be returning it as well. I kind of regret returning Fifish tho, but it was just too heavy and bulky for travel. I'm thinking of getting a smaller ROV like Gladius Mini, seems more manageable and there's $100 backpack for it. Doesn't have reel tho, but I think it's ok...
Hopefully 3rd time's a charm :) At least you guys can learn from my mistakes :)

YoucanPhil

Yeah I totally regret getting Powerdolphin, and will be returning it as well. I kind of regret returning Fifish tho, but it was just too heavy and bulky for travel. I'm thinking of getting a smaller ROV like Gladius Mini, seems more manageable and there's $100 backpack for it. Doesn't have reel tho, but I think it's ok...
Hopefully 3rd time's a charm :) At least you guys can learn from my mistakes :)
The new mini's don't have a wifi repeater anymore, so that makes tether management a nightmare.