Remember TTRobotix Thunder Tiger Neptune & Seawolf?

Eternal Angler

Administrator
underwater-drone-submarine.jpg

ttrobotix-thunder-tiger-seawolf-submarine-rov.jpg

My oh my, it's amazing how much we've made a big jump in underwater drone technology. I remember when TTRobotix Thunder Tiger Neptune and Seawolf were basically the only consumer drones on the market. Now we have over 10+ consumer underwater drones and this hobby is just getting started!!! All thse ROVs just within a couple years, exciting to think where this technology is going to take us.

I recall seeing the Tiger Neptune with the GoPro Action Camera about 10 years ago on Amazon, thinking how cool it would be to move around and film fish with this mini submarine. I really wanted to pick the Neptune up, I think it was reasonably priced on Amazon, but some reviews said it didn't have that good of stability and maneuverability, so I thought I'd better just wait until the technology gets better. And so here I am, 10 years later with my own Geneinno Titan T1 ROV. Pretty excited about my first dive...

aquabotix-hydroview-sport-underwaterone-drone.jpg

I think the Aquabotix HydroView Sport was also for sale around the same time, but way out of my price range, I think they were asking around $4k on Amazon.

This is kind of interesting, recently went over to TTRobotix s website and it seems the site is down, they must of went out of business!? And I noticed the Aquabotix HydroView and Endura is not even sold on B&H anymore, I wonder if the company is restructuring and designing some new ROVs. I guess they'll have to considering there's consumer underwater drones on the market with the same features for a third of the price. Anyways, it's fun reminiscing...

ttrobotix-thunder-tiger-neptune-underwater-drone-submarine.jpg

thunder-tiger-neptune-rov-underwater-submarine-drone.jpg

ttrobotix-thunder-tiger-neptune-sub.jpg

Actually, I'm pretty impressed with the stability and maneuverability of the Thunder Tiger Seawolf!

It seems that hobbyist sites have were still selling the Thunder Tiger Seawolf up until 2017, now I'm starting to see the min sub pulled down from their websites.

Last edited: