M2 vs Fifish V6S

JegerLars

Hello everyone, Chasing M2 owner here.
Been suffereing a lot of hadware problems with my Chasing products (0%-battery error, faulty SD-card reader on the drone and so forth) - when the drone finally worked in the water, its pretty nice, good control. Somewhat weak battery life, I suspect 8 engines might be a drain on the battery and too close mounted lights (a lot of back-scatter, which ruins photos etc). From what I can understand, the Fifish V6s appears to be the only alternative in the prosumer segment - what experiences do you guys have with the V6? Which would be recommended if underwater photography is my primary usage?
Thanks for any input and advice :)

Best regards.

Eternal Angler

Administrator
Sorry to hear that, I'd stay stick it out. I've noticed a couple software bugs, but then I'd just turn off my ipad, then turn it on again. Only happened a few times.

But as you said, you see seem to be having hardware problems. I never had a battery error or the faulty sd card reader.

Chasing Innovations I hear is one of the best underwater drone companies that stands behind their warranty and support. I'm sure if you reach out to them, explain to them thoroughly, they'll do everything they can to fix your M2.

Have you tried a different SD card? I know sometimes when GoPro came out with a new camera, a slow cheaper sd card was bricking some of the cameras.

From what I can understand, the Fifish V6/s appears to be the only alternative in the prosumer segment - what experiences do you guys have with the V6? Which would be recommended if underwater photography is my primary usage?
Thanks for any input and advice :)

Best regards.

Yeah, the V6s seems to be the only alternative in the price range, I honestly almost went with the V6s, but because Urban Drones was having a discount on the M2 at the time and I tend to like Chasing a little more as a company, I went with the M2. There is also the Geneinno T1, but it's not as stable as the V6s and M2 which are the new generation of underwater drones, T1 is a bit old now.

If you have any questions, I'd say hit up Austn Vibert on Facebook, cool dude, he has some amazing videos in the official QYSEA group.

To be honest with you, the V6s does have some better features in certain areas, like the thicker and strong handle to lift heavier stuff out of the water when using the claw. I'm not sure what Chasing was thinking with the puny tab that the tether is connected to. Here's a video of a WW2 History Hunter pulling out a heavy ammunition box with the V6s, I don't think the M2 would be able to do that. I mean I'm sure there might be away to attach something stronger to the outer cage of the M2 or maybe even have your claw attach to a hook, like this M2 owner did here.

Then again, I have heard the propellers on the V6 is very cheap too, the seaweed and gravel eats through them just in a few dives... Pretty minor, but I think all the underwater drones have their pros and cons.

Did you hear from Chasing George, what did they say?

Sorry I didn't answer earlier, I beat the shit out of my computer, all my hard drives went down. Scratch that, the SSD is still good lol. Common trend with me, I have a love and hate relationship with this technology. :ROFLMAO: Hope that cheers ya up! I'm sure you are almost there too, hang in there.

giphy.gif

Eternal Angler

Administrator
Here's a recent video I made with my Chasing M2, filmed only a few days ago.

I did recently here someone report on the Chasing Group that they think the M2 was put on the market too soon, he had battery failure after only 20 dives. I'm right around that mark, so I hope it doesn't happen to me. I know when you get close to the 20-30% battery mark, a popup will happen saying it's not good to go past that point because it can ruin the battery, so did this hobbyist do that? Or are Chasing's batteries not very good?

Seeing how much they cost, I hope they don't all fail past 20 dives or 5 months. The 200Wh version costs $650, I mean that's more than the Chasing Dory... I think Chasing has to do something about their battery prices and maybe one day an aftermarket company of some sort can come out with their own aftermarket battery for the Chasing M2, but I think we're very far from that seeing how new this hobby is.

compute.jpg

Last edited:

Eternal Angler

Administrator
I'm honestly thinking about coating my claw around the seams with Plastisol, to give it sort of an extra seal to prevent leaking. I rinse and run my drone of after every dive, I lube up the motors every so often with this Liquid Wrench silicone spray. Definitely needs to be a lot of care going into these underwater drones to extend the life of them, but honestly, by the sounds of it, you may have gotten a Lemon. Seeing how there's Lemons to this day with cars and even a Lemon law, I hope Chasing cuts some leeway with you.