I Sold My Geneinno Titan

Eternal Angler

Administrator
So I recently ended up selling my Geneinno T1 on eBay, what really discouraged me from keeping the drone was the fisheye distortion I got when I was recording numerous bass at Lake St. Clair, along with the poor sensor Geneinno decided to use. I can live with the 1/2.5 sensor, that's what I have in my Sony AX53 Camcorder, but that fisheye distortion really bugged me a lot. There's a few other things that Geneinno need to improve such as the latency/lag as well.

fisheye-distortion-geneinno-titan.jpg

But the fisheye distortion along with Chasing Innovation immediately rolling out a new drone with replaceable batteries and SD card slot. Man I just had to sell the Titan for those amazing new features of the M2, what's crazy now after selling it, lol, realizing that Chasing will most likely postpone the release date due to the coronavirus. Many new aerial drones are already being pushed back to chinese factories being shut down.

So I thought, maybe I'll pickup a Gladius Mini in the meantime, play around with it a little, see what kind of footage I can record. I'm still amazed with the footage I've seen from Stans Legacy, along with owner Gladius Mini owners.

Decisions, decisions... I may end up getting one of those pedal Hobie Kayaks soon as well to help me launch the Mini or M2, whichever drone I get at some of the smaller inland lakes in Michigan. The prices have really come down on some of these pedal kayaks like the Riot Mako and Pelican Catch. I think a kayak would be a great way to cover more ground with these underwater drones, as well as get footage at some of the more private or secluded inland lakes that don't have a boat launch. I think I got my eye on that Hobie Mirage.

I actually used to own a Pelican Bass Raider, which was a plastic pontoon boat, which was very stable. But it was a bitch to lug around, along with constantly recharging the trolling motor battery. These new pedal kayaks are so convenient and hey, can't beat the extra cardio you get from the pedal drive. I've been hearing many people complain of the pedal drive breaking on the Pelican, I think I'm gonna shoot for that Hobie Mirage with the oustanding reviews it has.

If anyone plans on purchasing a new underwater drone for 2020, don't be afraid to share. I was also checking out that Navatics MITO which also has replaceable batteries, but I have a fealing the current would really mess with the stability on that ROV because it only has 4 thrusters, versus the Mini which has 4 or the new M2 which has 8.

Oddmar

So I recently ended up selling my Geneinno Titan on eBay, what really discouraged me from keeping the drone was the fisheye distortion I got when I was recording numerous bass at Lake St. Clair, along with the poor sensor Geneinno decided to use. I can live with the 1/2.5 sensor, that's what I have in my Sony AX53 Camcorder, but that fisheye distortion really bugged me a lot. There's a few other things that Geneinno need to improve such as the latency/lag as well.

View attachment 135

If anyone plans on purchasing a new underwater drone for 2020, don't be afraid to share. I was also checking out that Navatics MITO which also has replaceable batteries, but I have a fealing the current would really mess with the stability on that ROV because it only has 4 thrusters, versus the Mini which has 4 or the new M2 which has 8.

Since most of these probably use an analog CCD or CMOS sensor, couldn't you just replace the camera with a Foxeer Monster Micro Pro, or somesuch, with a 120*fov lens, which should have minimal distortion?

I post regularly over at homebuiltrovs.com or the bluerobotics forum. My ROV was homemade, roughly the size of a chest freezer (40"x34"x50"), but my storage unit was burgled and it vanished. Probably dumped somewhere by thieves smart enough to not try and sell something so specialized.
But it gives me an excuse to build a new version, better this time. Going for 190kv 8" ducted thrusters with 6-dof, and twin manipulator arms with 9-dof each. Researching using magnetic angle sensors instead of resistive potentiometers this time. I want to build a DIY version of the VIRPIL Constellation Alpha joystick for easier control.

Eternal Angler

Administrator
Since most of these probably use an analog CCD or CMOS sensor, couldn't you just replace the camera with a Foxeer Monster Micro Pro, or somesuch, with a 120*fov lens, which should have minimal distortion?

I wish I knew how to replace the camera, but didn't want to take the risk and screw up the ROV. fore resale I was ballsy enough to take apart my Geneinno T1 and look at the insides when I got wrapped around a rope, to check my motor and propeller, thankfully nothing was broken. I have to admit, once I learned how to take it apart, I felt a lot more confident driving it around.

But I didn't just sell the T1 due to the distortion, having replaceable batteries and removable sd card is going to be a big plus with the M2, along with that EIS stabilization.

I post regularly over at homebuiltrovs.com or the bluerobotics forum. My ROV was homemade, roughly the size of a chest freezer (40"x34"x50"), but my storage unit was burgled and it vanished. Probably dumped somewhere by thieves smart enough to not try and sell something so specialized.

No kidding, I haven't checked out those forums, thanks for sharing. I really didn't know they were around. I saw openrov.com, but didn't know there were a few others. I'm sorry to hear about the stolen storage unit, that sucks.

But it gives me an excuse to build a new version, better this time. Going for 190kv 8" ducted thrusters with 6-dof, and twin manipulator arms with 9-dof each. Researching using magnetic angle sensors instead of resistive potentiometers this time. I want to build a DIY version of the VIRPIL Constellation Alpha joystick for easier control.

Always great to look on the positive side of things and start from scratch with a more advanced ROV. That sounds like a very advanced ROV! I'll definitely have to make a section of the ROV forum discussing building ROVs. Along with parts and such...

I may add in an ebay store eventually, I noticed a lot of ROV parts are sold on eBay!

Last edited: