Chasing M2 Battery - 2 Different Batteries (200Wh) or (97Wh)?

Eternal Angler

Administrator
So this wasn't something I anticipated from Chasing Innovation or didn't even think about, two different batteries for the Chasing M2. One that has a standard capacity rated at 97Wh with a battery capacity of 440mAh. Then the high capacity version rated at 200Wh with a battery capacity of 9260mAh.

The higher capacity is of course the version you would want, if you can afford it, to increase your dive times significantly, according to Urban Drones, it's only $160 more than the standard battery. The difference in weight is 1.4 kilograms to 1.9 kilograms, which only tends to be a 1.1 pound difference, so I wouldn't think that messes too much with balance or propulsion of the Chasing M2.

Even though this is listed up on eBay, be sure to check other retailers, even Chasing on their official website has it for a cheaper price, seems as though the eBay seller is kind of price gouging, the replaceable battery starts at $389 on their website. Curious if there's any battery shortages because of the Coronavirus Pandemic, could be the reason for the price gouging?

chasing-m2-underwater-drone-battery-specifications.png

chasing-m2-battery-charging.png

ProgrammingGuy

So this wasn't something I anticipated from Chasing Innovation or didn't even think about, two different batteries for the Chasing M2. One that has a standard capacity rated at 97Wh with a battery capacity of 440mAh. Then the high capacity version rated at 200Wh with a battery capacity of 9260mAh.

The higher capacity is of course the version you would want, if you can afford it, to increase your dive times significantly, according to Urban Drones, it's only $160 more than the standard battery. The difference in weight is 1.4 kilograms to 1.9 kilograms, which only tends to be a 1.1 pound difference, so I wouldn't think that messes too much with balance or propulsion of the Chasing M2.

Even though this is listed up on eBay, be sure to check other retailers, even Chasing on their official website has it for a cheaper price, seems as though the eBay seller is kind of price gouging, the replaceable battery starts at $389 on their website. Curious if there's any battery shortages because of the Coronavirus Pandemic, could be the reason for the price gouging?

View attachment 414
View attachment 415
Just ordered one of those 200wh batteries.

Bh photo was going to charge tax (about another 40 bucks on top of the already outrageous price)

Ordered it direct from chasing... Available from US website. Chasing doesn't charge tax. They say that taxes are included.

I love BH... But I had to go with saving mooooney.