2nd Thoughts on Chasing M2 - Cancelled my Order at Urban Drones

Eternal Angler

Administrator
After watching the comparison video of the Chasing M2 vs Fifish V6S, along with these two other videos that New_Guy shared, I'm definitely holding off. It isn't just that video, but the one of the Saint Lawrence River and examining the pole in Australia.

I see too much stabilization issues when the robotic arm is attached and even when navigating with the claw unattached, the Chasing M2 is still a bit too shaky for professional filming. Stans Legacy videos are so much smoother. Hmmm... I'm kind of disappointed about stability with the M2, I honestly think that Chasing should of just used the Mini body style and upgraded the technology, kind of what QYSEA did.

This goes to what I said earlier about Chasing leading in the consumer sector, that may change with time. I was seeing what QYSEA was doing with all their attachment tools with the Fifish and I was mighty impressed. Sure the V6S won't have replaceable battery, but still, I think if a lot of M2 owners did their research, they'd see that where the M2 is coming up short and QYSEA's new V6S is capitilizing.

I'm so glad to have more members on the forum that are sharing footage of the Fifish V6S, this is the problem with Facebook Groups and Social media in general, when you join a group specific to your brand of underwater drone, that's all the content your seeing, so your more likely to think that is the best drone on the market. I mean sure you can join all the different Facebook groups, but here's the thing too, not every post will show up in your Facebook feed.

I was a bit bias, leaning towards the Chasing M2, I'm grateful to have members New_Guy and Phantom4k to swing me back over to he dark side, just kidding, QYSEA. To be honest with you, in the beginning I was mainly focusing on QYSEA and the Fifish V6 like you guys are, I was extremely dissapointed after watching Dustin Dunnil's video which shows all the shakiness and poor stability of the early model V6. Goes to show, you have to be patient with these drone companies. It's great we're all reporting about the bugs so they can improve their ROVs, but don't cancel them out when they make mistakes and have problems.

I think when it now comes stability and the claw addition, it's starting to swing over to QYSEA's side. Sure Mini may be the most stable underwater drone economically on the market, but in the $3k range, QYSEA might have Chasing Innovation by the ropes. Honestly, I like to see this type of competition, it helps all these underwater drone companies improve, I wonder what's going on with the Navatics Mito, what that company has in store because out of all the drones, Dustin Dunnill said that the Mito was the most stablest when hovering in a lock down position, however, like RCSparks Studio said, his videos are outdated. I'm sure more Fifish V6S videos are about to surface, are you guys excited? I am, be sure to subscribe to RCSparks Studio on YouTube and look forward to that video where he tries to salvage his Phantom Quadcopter aerial drone in a local pond. To be honest with you, just looking at the claw on the V6S, something tells me they designed that thing perfectly, very lightweight and added buoyancy material on both sides of the arm.

Let me know what you guys think. I think I'm gonna go on the comment I made on RCSparks video, when he said Fifish is one of the most stable underwater drones on the market, I realize that they've made some improvements. Great to see QYSEA make a comeback, the real test will be seeing more of the Fifish V6S salvages on items like kettlebells out at the bottom of the "ocean," that will be the real test. Pool is a great testing environment back home, but you have to get out to the real bodies of water where there's current and turbulence. The only one I've seen so far is Finish Tackle's video.

Another big feature I almost forgot about is QYSEA's lineup of the Fifish also has the VR Head Tracking, I can't tell you how much it was a pain in the ass to try to use the Geneinno with my Apple Tablet when I was out on the ice of Lake St. Clair. Just got done drilling like 4 holes, luckily we had an electric auger, but afterwards I couldn't see anything from the sun glare on my tablet, something to consider when buying an underwater drone and using out on the ice in winter, the way the sun light refracts and reflects off the ice makes even worse than in summer out on soft water. That VR headset might also be easier when navigating the V6S when it's equipped with the robotic arm claw!